Mile High WorkShop has many capabilities within the Wood Shop. We can provide partial or complete processing of many production items in both solid wood and panel materials. To find out if your project might be a good fit for our shop, please send your inquiry to Jim Simon, Wood Shop Director.
Consider using our laser etching capabilities to add branding to your product. We can etch in wood with dimensions up to 12"x18".
CAPABILITIES & EQUIPMENT:
Our shop is well equipped with table saws, miter saws, jointers, planer, drill presses, bandsaw, thickness sander, oscillating spindle sander, stationary belt and disc sander, lathe, router tables; as well as handheld routers, orbital sanders, drills, track saw, and numerous work and assembly benches. We can mill and glue up table tops, produce and assemble boxes, and are interested in most job opportunities which include these two components:
- Will the product provide good opportunities for employee training in specific woodworking skills within our capabilities?
- Can we generate enough revenue from the products produced to sustain our hiring and training model?
Prototyping and development:
The process for acquiring prototypes if needed is simple:
- Send an inquiry to introduce your concept or need (see above)
- We will respond with questions and comments to clarify your product
- If your product is within our capabilities, we will schedule a personal meeting to discuss details and prototyping costs
- Once all details are defined and we have agreed on pricing and delivery schedule, we will get to work making your prototype!
Prototyping rates are quoted at $50 per hour.
Depending on product size and the product’s complexity, we will require a Sample Run process (typically after prototyping) producing some quantity (up to 10 pieces) to determine our actual production cost to quote to you. The Sample Run is also quoted based on a $50 per hour rate.
Wood Shop fees for production runs we agree to take on will be quoted at the shop rate of $38 per hour. For most products, there is a minimum quantity of 50 pieces required per production run. There are exceptions to this for larger, more complex items.
Contact us today to learn more.